Friday, October 10, 2008

What is this New Media?

I guess we can ascertain that New Media is not traditional Graphic Design, thus giving it such a moniker. There are similarities, oh yes there are. But, looking at Graphic Designers these days, programs are used widely to convey their information. So, I see a bit of blurring of the lines. More importantly, I think New media conveys a sense of motion, which is an outstanding factor to this. In terms of the AIGA article's opening statement, though, we can't always rely on other people to get our job done, which in effect makes us more well-rounded as designers. I'm glad all of us designers have to learn coding here, because it gives us eyes of what other people might be doing in our web of work, so to speak. Even if we aren't wanting to code in the future, if you like the internet as a domain for your work to be shown which is like 95% of entrepeneurs (don't hold me to that statistic, I'm not sure) I'm just throwing it out there. Someone is gonna do it.

No comments: